GETTING UNSTUCK - 5 TIPS TO GET YOU FROM THE SIDELINES INTO THE RING!
When was the last time you did something new? Something scary? For the first time? When was the last time you took your turn? I’m sure your reasons for not doing, are good ones. They are likely based on serious things like time, money, a headache, gum on your shoe, the dog needing grooming, removing hair from your bathtub drain and more. The biggest reason not to do something is fear.
How many opportunities have you missed because you were afraid to seize an opportunity, look it squarely in the eye and dive in? Too many to mention. Too many to count.
Our actions are determined by two driving emotions, fear or love. With one, you experience the gut wrenching pain of struggle and suffering. With the other, you receive abundance and experience something truly life changing. Anything born from love and truth is a beautiful thing.
When we fill ourselves with fear, it is actually an illusion of our own creation. Suffering happens when we expect life to change in a world that won’t and when we have expectations so beyond ourselves they are impossible to achieve. Then you are stuck. Paralyzed with fear.
Achieving a new level of wellness could be as simple as facing your fears. If a 4 week cleanse like my Spring Cleanse could give you the green light on those first few steps towards wellness, then why wait? What fear is holding you back? Because it is fear. Does the fear come from the changes you will have to make? The new foods you will discover? Will it be frightening to have to give up your favourite foods for those less familiar, perhaps even less comforting for you? Are you afraid of what might happen during the cleanse? Are you afraid that after all these good efforts you might actually like yourself better? Does success make you fearful?
No one ever accomplished anything by staying stuck in fear. Professional boxer Floyd Mayweather didn’t earn a career total of $300M by not getting into the ring and facing his fear. He did what we all need to do in the face of fear, embrace it. Notice it is there, say hello and continue doing what you must. When we face our fear, even one like participating in a cleanse, we have a powerful opportunity to grow within ourselves. Experiencing and acknowledging fear means the ground is unsteady under your feet and you are changing, reaching for the sky, becoming someone different. Like a tiny acorn that becomes a majestic oak, this is you.
Haven’t signed up for your Spring Cleanse yet? Here are 5 ways to get yourself unstuck.
- Acknowledge your fear. It’s alright to be fearful but not to remain there. Accept it and move on despite fear. Emotions like fear and anxiety advance and recede like the tide but we don’t need to become saddled by them. We figure out a workaround and carry on.
- Accept rough seas. As Seth Godin states in his book, What to Do When It’s Your Turn (and It’s Always Your Turn), “The sailor doesn’t mind a rough sea. It’s not because he’s physically different from you - it’s because the rocking of the boat is expected.” We find our own sense of balance when the rest of the world is in chaos.
- Believe in the change you will manifest. Know that your starting point is not your ending point. You will take the first few awkward steps during the first days of the Spring Cleanse, steps that will feel foreign to you, but with consistent effort those small steps will build to a greater whole by the end of 4 weeks and then, then you can celebrate. A transformation will have occurred through the work of the clean foods you have eaten and the cleansing foods effects on you.
- Embrace the Cleanse Community. Rely on the community of first timers and veterans to support you through the entire process. Even better, you will have a doctor, Dr. Rachel Corradetti ND, on board, who will be present on the FB page to answer your questions. And, I will be there too. We will do this together.
- Be a change agent. Follow the menu plans, recipes and exercises but manifest change in yourself. Lessen your toxic burdens - nutritional, physical, emotional, spiritual. Strive to be a different You. Being a change agent within yourself empowers you to reach for the greater good.
Fear or love. Stuck or unstuck. To Cleanse or not to Cleanse? It’s up to you.
Don’t skip out on this opportunity. Do you care enough?
I am always listening,
Tosca PS. What is holding you back? Tell me about the fear that stops you and how you would live differently if you could. I look forward to reading your comments in the Comments Section below.