Monday Morning Muffins!
Some days I wake up just craving a good 'ol muffin. They are the perfect accompaniment to a warming cup of coffee. Mmmmm! Unfortunately, most muffins are full of garbage that does nothing beneficial for your body. I promise this muffin won't steer you wrong with healthy fats, protein, and gluten-free almond meal (the chocolate chips are optional). Ingredients
1 1/2 c milk (cow, goat, almond, rice - whatever you prefer) 1 1/2 c gluten-free oats 1/4 c coconut oil 1/2 c peanut butter 3 eggs 3 Tbsp honey 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 1/2 c almond meal 1/2 cup protein powder of your choosing 2 tsp salt 2 tsp baking powder 1/4 c chocolate chips (or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare muffins tins.
2. Let the oats sit in milk in a separate bowl while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix all remaining wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Combine oats & milk mixture with other dry ingredients in the large bowl with wet ingredients.
5. Bake for 20mins or until golden and fluffy on top.
6. Let cool & enjoy with a swipe of apple butter, almond butter, or coconut oil & cup 'o joe!