Give Day 21: Coconut Oil Beauty Tips
You all know my deep love for coconut oil, but did you know there are a bunch of ways to use it to beautify on the outside as well as on the inside? Here are my Top 5 Coconut Oil Beauty Tips:
1. Rub coconut oil on your skin as moisturizer. I keep a jar in my bathroom to slather on my skin after I shower. It absorbs quickly. You can always add a few drops of an aromatic essential oil like lavender for an added extra.
2. Rub coconut oil on your hair as a deep conditioner. I massage 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into my hair and leave it on for a few hours - you could even do it overnight. Shampoo and glow! You can even use it to style your hair - I use a small amount to keep down any fly away pieces after I have blow dried my hair.
3. Rub it on your face as a daily makeup remover and moisturizer. Coconut oil works especially well on the face. It isn't too greasy or heavy. Use it to remove your makeup at the end of the day, wash and then rub it back in again before bed. I will even add a few drops of tea tree oil if I have a few breakouts (yes, I still get the occasional pimple). I have noticed a lightening effect on dark spots, too.
4. Rub it on your lips as lip balm. I will take an old makeup jar, wash it out and scoop a bit of coconut oil into the jar to keep in my purse as lip balm. It's soothing and healing all at the same time.
5. Rub it on your cuticles and nails. Winter skin leaves most of us with hangnails and flaking skin. I use the same jar in my purse from tip 4 as a moisturize for my hands, too. Keeps things hydrated, happy and hangnail-free!
You've already added it to your daily diet, so why not try it on the outside, too.
Where do I get my coconut oil? From Raw Elements. P.S. They'll give you a 10% discount on ordering if you use the coupon code TOSCA.