#12daysofgiving Day 2: Fruitcake Recipe
Fruitcake is not for everyone but I have a confession: I love, love, love fruitcake. Not all kinds, but really good, moist, deeply coloured fruitcakes made with organic dried fruit. My family is into it. I have a brother who prides himself on his recipes and I have to say they are delish. Not sure if this recipe will stand up to his (his are secrets) but here’s one for you to enjoy. Let the fruitcake age for a bit and douse it in booze to get you through a winter night. My favourite!
Click here to get the recipe for my Deeply Delicious Dark Fruitcake!
If you prefer a completely Paleo-friendly, gluten-free fruitcake recipe, try this Paleo Fruitcake recipe from Elana's Pantry.
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup raisins ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
2. Stir in dried fruit and nuts.
3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and citrus zest.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry.
5. Scoop batter into 2 greased mini loaf pans.
6. Bake fruitcakes at 350° for 20-30 minutes.
7. Cool and serve.
Makes 2 fruitcakes