RECIPES CLEAN, LEAN AND GREEN
Clean, lean and green recipes from my Fitness Commitment Challenge are on the menu today. I'm highlighting a few of your favorites, the ones you can't stop raving about. The ones that appear in most of your FB and Instagram pics. Where will you find the rest of them? In my fat burning, Fitness Commitment Challenge, www.toscareno.com The Green Fat-Burning-Machine Smoothie is one for the road. You need it, you love it and it loves you. I also love Turmeric Eggs and Greens - just finished a plate after my 10 K. The nourishment is stunning. And while we are at it, let's share the No-Bake Powerballs. Um, so good, peeps are making up their own, with or without grains, more chocolate and peanut butter - the variations are endless but the results are always the same - YUMMY and clean.
Smoothies like my Green Fat-Burning-Machine, are a staple whether you are participating in FitCommit or daily life. Packed with clean nutrition to help you stay lean and satisfied, this smoothie delivers on every level. If you have spinach toss it in but I also use kale. Just stuff it with greens and feel healthy all over.
I love Turmeric Eggs over Greens so here we go with that recipe. Quick question? What does your breakfast look like? Hope it's green.
Tosca Reno's Turmeric Eggs over Greens Recipe
2 cups greens - spinach, kale or chard, or combo
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp freshly grated turmeric root, or 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 whole, organic eggs
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add turmeric and heat until fragrant.
- Add greens and heat until wilted.
- Remove from pan and place on plate, making a bed of lovely greens.
- Add two eggs to hot pan and cook through the way you like them. I like mine over easy.
- Place on greens. Your eggs will have a gorgeous golden colour from the turmeric.
- Slice some avocado on the side and savor the flavor.
Yield: makes 1 serving
Green Fat-Burning-Machine Recipe
1 cup spinach leaves, packed (baby kale or chard works too)
1 kiwi, peeled
1 Tbsp SunWarrior Ormus greens
1 scoop Sun Warrior protein powder, plain or vanilla
pinch cayenne pepper
1 cup plain kefir (if you are dairy sensitive, use milk alternative)
Blend all for 2 minutes or until smooth. Makes 2 cups or 1 serving.
Making my Powerballs ahead of time and having them on hand, ensures I am never without a healthy snack! Perfect for pre-workout, or mid-afternoon snack, these tasty treats are jammed with nutrient dense ingredients and taste delish too! I once made 2 dozen Powerballs for a food shoot and while I was getting ready, the camera and video crews ate more than half of them. Everyone was on fire with energy!
Tosca Reno's Powerballs Recipe (no baking necessary!)
1/2 cup gluten free, rolled oats
1/4 cup each - raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds, dried, unsweetened cranberries, dried unsweetened currants or cherries, Sun Warrior plain or vanilla protein powder, millet
2 Tbsp whole flaxseed
1/2 cup natural nut or seed butter
1 Tbsp unsulfured molasses
1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place all dry ingredients in bowl of food processor. Process until uniform crumbly mixture results.
- Combine wet ingredients in small mixing bowl and whisk until blended. Add to dry ingredients in food processor.
- Process until dough is thick and uniform.
- Shape into small balls and roll in sesame seeds, coconut, cacao powder or other combo of your liking.
Yield: Makes 10 balls
If you are participating in FitCommit, I encourage you to keep up the good work! Share the love with friends and family. Health is too good not to share. If you haven’t started yet, you can get these recipes and join the fun here.
Keeping it CLEAN, LEAN and GREEN!
Remember, I am always listening. Warm hugs, Tosca
PS. What is your favorite FitCommit or Eat Clean recipe? So curious to know. xo