I hear this all the time. Men and women come to me and share that they have been trying to lose weight and get healthier. They lift weights, do endless cardio, but aren’t seeing the results they desire.
The truth is that movement is only part of the equation. While movement has immense benefits for the human body and mind, there are other important factors that lead to overall health and wellness.
Having a well rounded, nutritionally dense diet clocks in at number one on my list. If you are looking to make a change, I suggest first looking at your diet. Are you eating too much? Too little? Are you eating enough protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats? Frequently enough or not?
The 80 / 20 rule suggests that the majority, or 80%, of the physical changes you will make depends on what you put in your mouth. The other 20% is related to exercise and the genetic composition of your body. As the saying goes, you can’t outrun your fork. No amount of cardio or weight lifting will compensate for a poor diet.
In an ideal world, we would all eat strictly non-processed, whole foods and exercise daily. But sometimes life simply gets in the way. Whether it’s a birthday celebration, a family reunion, or a cookie that just looks too good, life can throw your diet off track. What is most important is that you don’t let one piece of cake, pizza, or an entire day of unhealthy eating derail you from achieving your goals.
Keeping in mind how easy it is to fall off track with diet and exercise goals, I have found a way to keep you all accountable! I have developed a series of Membership programs that can be catered to fit your unique fitness goals. There are three distinct programs open for registration. In each membership program you will receive daily motivation and reminders, weekly inspirational live chats, clean recipes, weekly workout videos and much more. You can check out all they have to offer here.
If you want to be filled with health and wellness, you need to become in tune with your body’s needs. Once you kick sugar, processed carbohydrates, and unhealthy fats, your body will begin to flourish. You will have a new energy, a new zest for life. The joy I felt when I began to transform myself all those years ago was truly astonishing. I let food become my medicine and exercise become my outlet. I gained confidence I could never have imagined was inside of me. I wish that same joy for all of you.
I am reading "Your Best Body Now" and have to say it is giving me encouragement. I thought I should do something about my weight(50 lbs over) and complete lack of exercise. Went to the Doctor today and got put on High BP meds. Holy wake up call. Thanks for sharing your journey and zest for living. You are truly a role model. I turned 50 in April and my goal for my next birthday is to be a normal weight, active, and healthy. Thanks for the inspiration.
You are to be celebrated for taking action. Many would receive the news and the prescription and not change anything. Well done for taking the cue to step into your self care habits. You can do this. Stay in touch and let me know how you are progressing. Wishing you success and wellness, xo Tosca