Best ever Veggie Burgers …🌿
There’s no doubt about it. Adding more plant based foods is a wonderful way to boost nutrition in your diet. One of the hardest things to give up is a good burger, Well my friends, you’re in for a treat because here I give you a tasty veggie burger alternative I dare you to try.
In a live video, I had some fun ion my kitchen making these delicious veggie burgers. Grab the recipe below and follow along with me.
By the way, have you seen the Tosca at Home resources?
During this time of social distancing and isolation, I’ve added all of my recent Live Classes and Workouts as well as recipes and Blogs to help you stay mentally and physically well during these challenging times. ❤️
You can check out all these resources plus some very Special Offers on my Online Programs here👇
🍔MEAT ALTERNATIVE BURGERS…cook them with me!
strike sugar special sale
There is no better time to turn to build a stronger immune system! Striking sugar out of your diet is your FIRST step!
It's my mission to be of service and make Strike Sugar affordable for everyone!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups canned black beans (or mixture of black and other), drained and rinsed, roughly puréed.
- 2 cup fresh organic parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil or herbed olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds, chopped and roasted
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, chopped and roasted
- 1 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds, chopped and roasted
- 3 cups fine sourdough bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 5 duck eggs (chicken eggs are fine too)
- 2 cups organic carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats, not quick cooking
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- flour for dredging - don’t add to bowl
- olive oil for cooking burgers - don’t add to bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place baking sheet in hot oven.
3. In a medium to large fry pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté onions.
4. Add garlic after about 3 minutes of cooking.Continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent.
5. Remove from heat and place in large mixing bowl. Set aside and let cool.
6. To this mixture add other ingredients, except eggs and tamari.
7. In a separate smaller bowl crack the eggs and mix with a fork until blended.
8. Add tamari to egg mixture and stir well. Pour into large bowl with the other ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and mixture compacts.
9. Heat the same fry pan you used for the onions and garlic, adding olive oil for cooking the burgers.
10. Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop out mixture and shape into patties.
11. Dredge in flour and place in hot pan. Brown on both sides.
12. When browned, transfer each patty to the baking sheet which is already in the oven.
13. Continue to create burgers until all of the mixture is used up, browning burgers in batches and transferring to hot oven as you go. You may have to add more oil as you go.
Serving Suggestion: Dress burgers as you would dress a burger.Serve on sourdough or whole gain buns.
Freezing Suggestion: This recipe made 18 burgers for me, using the 1/3 cup measure. I cooked them all and then let them cool. Then I transferred them to a freezer safe storage container, arranging burgers between layers of waxed paper. Place the container in the freezer and remove burgers as needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 1203mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Resources you can use while at home to help you eat clean, exercise, and practice emotional self care during these challenging times.
+ Shop the Special Sale on
ALL my programs
Strike Sugar - FitCommit - 3 Es's of Wellness