Spend more time enjoying your Eat Clean® lifestyle with these top Meal Prep tips & a brand new tool from Real Plans.
Eating Clean® is the runaway, healthy eating food trend since my first Eat Clean® book came out in 2007. This simple lifestyle has helped millions heal themselves, lose weight, and achieve optimal wellness. There hasn’t been a bigger “diet” trend since South Beach.
It’s clear you want to feel well and do it through solid lifestyle choices.
With the launch of my Online Wellness Programs, many of you have requested practical tips to make Eating Clean® more efficient in your kitchens.
News flash! I’ve just made Eating Clean simpler for you. I’ve partnered with Real Plans to offer a meal planning tool to take the sting out of what to eat. This tool helps you plan your meals, map out your grocery lists, leftovers and food preferences, making what to eat a breeze every day of every week from here on in.
Since eating is something you do several times per day, 365 days of the year, and all of your life, all shortcuts are welcome. Once you nail down the tips and tricks to fast, efficient meal prep, using only the cleanest of ingredients, you will discover how efficient this lifestyle way of eating is.
I have gathered 9 pro meal prep tips to help you achieve success in your Eat Clean® kitchen, particularly tips on how to cut down meal prep time.
PRO MEAL PREP TIPS to Make Eating Clean Simple
1. Batch cooking. Always prepare more than one serving of a particular dish. Many of my Eat Clean® recipes yield from 2 to 4 servings or more. This is to maximize your efficiency in the kitchen. For the same amount of time, or just a bit more, you will have several meals, not just one. Cook what you would normally cook, but more of it. Double, triple, or quadruple your recipe. Freeze what you won’t be using for future meals.
2. Look for batch friendly meal prep recipes. Healthy soups, stews, pilafs, casseroles, crockpot recipes, roasting whole cuts of meat, Powerballs, and Paleo Loaf – such recipes are your best friends to help make Eating Clean fast and easy.
3. Meal Prep Day. Choose a day that works for you and your schedule, and prepare the meals that will sustain you during the coming week. There is immense satisfaction in having envisioned, planned, and created your nourishment, fully knowing the clean ingredients that went into each meal.
4. Mason jars and muffin tins – workhorses in your kitchen. Use these containers for perfect portions. Make your smoothies ahead and freeze in muffin tins. Thaw 2 or 3 for a quick, protein-rich smoothie post-workout or as a meal. The same applies to soups, stews, and other batch recipes.
Create your salad in a 4 cup Mason jar and your dressing in a 1/4 cup Mason jar. Glass storage containers are toxin-free and already available in correct portions sizes. Prep ahead, pre-portion and enjoy for a quick, grab and go meal.
5. Eat more raw food. Not only is this better for you, since raw foods like fruits and vegetables are loaded with living enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and more, but this saves time in the kitchen. Eating 70% of your meals raw also lessens your carbon footprint. Good for you and good for the environment.
6. Wash and cut raw fruits and veg right after grocery shopping. Doing the work of preparing your raw fruits and veggies right away means they can be readily accessed for grab and go snacks and salads.
Save the trimmings like stems and leaves, which are loaded with beneficial nutrients, for your soup pot.
7. Make meal prep as fun. Create a positive environment for food prep by making yourself a cup of tea, playing your favorite music, having an assortment of food preparation tools and materials handy, and asking a friend or family member to join you. Preparing food this way makes it less of a chore and if you do this with a friend you can share meal plans, ideas, and recipes.
8. Sign up for Real Plans. Make meal planning simpler than ever with Real Plans. Let the pros do the planning and all you have to do is show up in your kitchen. Meal planning makes you efficient, saves you money, and guides your nutrition. Choose my Eat Clean and Strike Sugar recipes to keep you feeling and looking your absolute best. Get all the details and sign up here.
9. Use your grocery list and follow a meal plan.
Meal Prep and meal planning are two different things. Ever heard the saying “Fail to plan, plan to fail?”
There’s some truth to this!
Before you head to the grocery store, choose the meals and snacks that you’ll be preparing ahead of time so that you can set yourself up for meal prep success.
Meal planning tools like Real Plans are a perfect way to streamline the process of getting wholesome, home-cooked food on your table. This highly customizable meal planning tool is now chocked full of my best Eat Clean Diet recipes to make following the Eat Clean® lifestyle, easier for you.
Today is the perfect day to start practicing these meal prep tips. You will spend less time struggling and more time looking like a Top Eat Clean Chef!
Warm hugs and wellness,
PS. Please share your favorite tips for meal prep and planning with me in the COMMENTS below.