Strategies to power up your oral care and make your mouth more kissable.
Oral care is not simply a matter of brushing your teeth. Just ask the person who ate broccoli for lunch. If it’s still sitting there at dinnertime, maybe it’s time to up your game.
Complete oral care involves looking after your teeth, the spaces in between them, gums, tongue and breath. In fact, proper oral care is a window to your overall health.
With that in mind, I have come up with a strategy for you to improve your oral care routine and make your mouth more kissable. 😘💋
1. ELEVATE YOUR CLEAN: Let’s start with considering what you are using to brush your teeth. Meet Philips Sonicare DiamondCleanSmart*, the oral care cleansing system that elevates brushing to new levels. Think of it as your Ferrari of oral care.
Not only does the Sonicare look sleek and downright cool in your bathroom but it addresses all areas of your oral care routine, including everything from whiter teeth to less plaque, improved gum health or daily cleaning. There’s even a tongue cleaning head.
Oh and there’s an App for that. Connect to the Philips Sonicare App and you will receive oral care guidance and coaching. I’m working on whiter teeth and have taken the 21-day Challenge.
2. EAT CLEAN. As for keeping teeth strong and your mouth disease-free, an Eat Clean® lifestyle makes sense. Eating whole, nutrient dense foods that have been both well sourced and properly prepared, gives us the best chance at building strong teeth, gums and mouth tissues. Um, is that broccoli in your teeth?
3. AVOID SUGAR. In this country, and likely many others, sugar consumption is at an all-time high, with folks eating as many as 12 grams of sugar per day, an amount readily found in just one regular can of soda. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends only 6 grams of sugar per day! Sugar causes damage to the oral environment indirectly by feeding certain bacteria in the mouth that then create acids, which degrade oral health.
4. CALCIUM & MAGNESIUM. Strengthen teeth by consuming a diet high in mineral rich foods like quinoa, legumes, nuts & seeds, dark leafy greens and grains. Strengthen further with Rexall’s exclusive brand Calcium with Vitamin D* and Magnesium supplements.
*Note that Calcium is better absorbed in the presence of Vitamin D, and Rexall has taken the additional step of adding this into their formulation.
**Hint: Calcium & Magnesium should always be taken together as all minerals come in pairs.
5. VITAMIN A. Vitamin A ensures saliva production, which sounds unpleasant but saliva cleans food from between teeth and gums. Vitamin A also supports healthy mucous membranes in the mouth, making them less susceptible to disease.
6. VITAMIN C. Sailors of old knew only too well what a lack of Vitamin C could do to teeth and gums – gums would bleed and teeth would fall out. When the link between scurvy and lack of this vitamin was discovered, limes and other citrus fruits were soon mandatory in every ship’s larder, generating the nickname “limey” for sailors. Vitamin C keeps gum tissues strong and teeth secure and in place – a good thing if you want your teeth.
7. VITAMIN E. It’s all very well when the dentist peers in your mouth and says “me teeth are O.K. but my gums got to go,” as per the lyrics from Alice Cooper’s song Unfinished Sweet. What is missing in that mouth is Vitamin E. A potent antioxidant necessary for protecting against the oxidation of gum tissues, Vitamin E also provides a powerful protective quality for gums protecting against periodontal disease.
8. COMMIT TO THE CLEAN. Never was a saying truer: “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” When it comes to your teeth, strategies like those outlined here will keep your teeth beautifully white, your gums healthy and your mouth disease and broccoli free. Make oral care a priority, twice a day for a minimum of 2 minutes.
I just checked and my teeth are broccoli free. I am waiting for my kiss! 😘 💋 Broccoli and a kiss please.
Wishing you health and wellness,
P.S. What strategy will you commit to today to elevate your oral care? Share a strategy. Share a tip. I’d love to know. Post Comments in the Comments Section below.
P.S.S. Don’t forget to send me your kisses. 💋😉
*Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Smart toothbrush not available in all stores, check with your local Rexall for availability.