Many of you know me as the ultimate chameleon. Seventeen years ago I went from overweight, ill and miserable to a household name driving an Eat Clean revolution that is here to stay. I went from being a mom to a New York Times best-selling author. I went from wearing baggy sweatpants and tees in my kitchen, to competing on stage in a minuscule bikini.
After years of developing the Eat-Clean Diet® into a notable brand, life handed over several tough lessons in loss. Everything I knew was gone – stepson, husband, my late husband’s business, my business, financial security and even my home. Through it all I learned how to take those hits and stand up strong, flexing my resilience muscle.
Now I am here again with a new website to celebrate my latest chameleonic change. I wanted to shed the heaviness of the past years and come back into the light, sharing with you, my desire to help you find optimal wellness, your birthright. You will find a new freshness that highlights the path to your happiest, healthiest self, a path I have also taken.
Using Eating Clean, exercise and mindfulness as my strategies for wellness, I will continue to offer you the sound advice and inspiration you have come to expect from me.
Follow my 11 Top Wellness Trends, featured regularly on my beautiful new site, to transform ourselves, together.
- Delicious Eat Clean Recipes! Practical recipes and trends like “meals in a bowl”, nutrition and flavour packed smoothies, Spiralized Salads and yummy treats will keep you nourished and satisfied.
- Clean, Green and Lean! Kale is not the only good-for-you green. Welcome seaweed and collards, herbs, nettles and ramps! Natural foods to boost your immune system are featured in recipes and in my numerous programs.
- Minerals Matter! Mineral deficiency is a growing problem. Find the answer with my traditional recipes like Bone and Vegetable Broth, along with Wetter Water. Loaded with readily digestible and absorbable minerals like potassium, calcium and manganese, you can restore your gut health and boost bone health fast.
- Herbs in Her Salad! I put that $#!T in everything. Herbs, often overlooked as an acceptable green, often end up in my salads, smoothies and recipes, and I hope yours too. Many herbs serve as adaptogens – Holy Basil, ginseng, ashwaganda, liquorice root, cordyceps and more. More recipes to come!
- Burst Training is Better! Don’t have time to train for hours? Not to worry. Burst or HIITs are proven strategies for shrinking training time while delivering noticeable training results. Try it on a rebounder and supercharge your immune system too.
- Drinkable Wellness! Find recipes from smoothies, teas, coffees, matcha, broths, soups, juices, waters, gazpacho, elixirs, kefir, Turmeric Milk and kombucha on my new site. Not only will these delicious drinks deliver nutrition, they will boost immunity and give you a gorgeous glow from the inside out.
- Natural Nutmilk is Number One! Find make-your-own nut milk recipes that deliver creamy goodness and work well in to-die-for-delicious recipes like my Chia Seed Pudding. Recipes are easy to make and found on YouTube.
- Oils, Fats and Fabulous You! I like fat. I eat fat. I recommend you eat it too. Fats are not the bad guy in your diet, unless they are trans and manufactured fats, or in too great a volume in your diet. Fat is fabulous for your skin, your brain, endurance, heart and sex life. I will share. I promise!
- For the Brain and the Butt. As Lena Dunham famously said, “exercise is for my brain not my butt.” I agree. Getting your ass kicked by life takes a toll and exercise is the best way to get your head in a new, happier place. Science backs it up. I will tell you how. Just exercise already! But please do include glute training, at least 3 times per week. I will tell you that too.
- Meditation not Medication! The World Health Organization states the wellness is “not defined as the absence of disease but the presence of robust physical, nutritional and mental/social/emotional wellness.” Meditation has played a role in developing my resilience. It is a factor in yours too.
- Eat-Clean Diet® is not a Diet, It’s a Lifestyle! Though my books may have the word “diet” printed on the cover, eating clean has never been about dieting, in the old sense of that word. Eating Clean is about eating nutrient dense, clean, well-sourced, properly prepared, whole foods. No calorie counting here, ever!
So now you know. You will find, on trend nutrition information to help you build a healthier you, right here.
Remember, I am always listening.
PS. I welcome your comments. What do you want to see featured on my site? What do you want more of? Post your comments in the COMMENTS section below.